[NCUC-DISCUSS] David and his many positions at NCUC/NCSG/NPOC

Nadira Alaraj nadira.araj at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 23:38:44 CEST 2018

This email thread raises an important issue that I find contradicting to
what the
NCUC/NCSG/NPOC communities preaches. The tremendous efforts in capacity
building programs and outreach to bringing new members to contribute to the
policy work and leadership roles at the same time the stated bylaws doesn't
help on this regards.

Thanks Tapani for pointing that the bylaws does allows that. I think it
might be that these bylaws were put at the time when there were few
volunteers. But now the community is growing, hence there is need to
revisit these bylaws to encourage new members to get into the leadership
roles as an incentive to their actual contributions to the community work
whether it is in policy or on managerial work.

I suggest to add this suggestion on the agenda for discussion at ICANN 63
meeting.

Best wishes
Nadira