[NCUC-DISCUSS] Hold us accountable

Stephanie Perrin stephanie.perrin at mail.utoronto.ca
Wed Jul 11 21:26:48 CEST 2018

Dear Socata,

I know that Peter was working hard; I recall him asking me for some
pointers on the Experts Working Group Report (162 pages) and he told me
he was reading it in English.  I think that report was hard to
understand for native english speakers, let alone someone whose first
language is, for instance, mandarin.  It is unfortunate, the turmoil
that sometimes happens among our members, but we must focus on moving
ahead and trying to understand each others perspectives.

There was a lot of very emotional rhetoric flying around at the time of
that incident, and I think we should try to avoid that in future. People
are just trying to do their best as volunteers here. Leadership in civil
society groups is difficult.

Stephanie Perrin