[NCUC-DISCUSS] Invite General ICANN61 NCUC Metings at ICANN61

Renata Aquino Ribeiro raquino at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 00:32:31 CET 2018

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1POCyLv0EK_-JSquS4ZbMovIY3UVHAZHEAe4xS8Ppm74/edit?usp=sharing

Hello!

We are approaching #ICANN61 and #NCUC has a list of amazing activities
for Fellows, Nextgen and community members.

Please see below our full programme, share it and send your suggestions.

Day 1 - Sat 10 March 2018

10:30 - 12:00 - Civil Society Organizations Roundtable: a joint
outreach by NCUC + NPOC + NCSG

International digital rights organizations like EFF, Accessnow, Open
Knowledge Finland and others are NCSG, NCUC or NPOC members. Some of
these organizations will share with the audience a bit about their
work and why they became involved in ICANN. If you are in an
organization who is not participating in ICANN yet, come meet us,
learn more about doing DNS policy and understand how your organization
could get involved by  applying for institutional membership.

13:30 - 15:00 - NCUC Outreach with ICANN Fellows and Nextgen Q & A

We'll listen to fellows' interest in ICANN and answer questions they
may have. The objective of this section is for us to hear their ideas
to how they think they might engage in doing policy in a
multistakeholder setting. Nextgen are also invited to this
conversation. Let's discuss the priorities for DNS policy in North
America and other regions.

15:15 - 16:45 - Joint outreach NCUC + At-Large

And we're heading to a new edition of NCUC + At-Large!  Learn about
civil society spaces in ICANN and how to engage in Internet policy.
Organized by NCUC and EURALO, this joint outreach will bring great
presentations on working groups in an interactive session to answer
all your questions.

Day 4 - Tue 13 March 2018

10:30 - 12:00 - NCUC Constituency Day - ICANN Working Groups Learning Sessions

Learn about governance and policy working groups. Know how you can
join and make a difference. Briefings from: NCUC E-team - Dina Solveig
Jalkanen, Auction proceeds - Stephanie Perrin, RDS - Ayden Ferdeline,
RPM - Kathy Kleiman, CCWP Human Rights - Collin Kurre, Transparency -
Michael Karanicolas, WS2 Accountability - Rafik Dammak.

13:30 - 15:00 - NCUC Constituency Day - Appointed and Elected Representatives.

Interested in being a community leader? Come to talk to appointed and
elected representatives of NCUC about their roles in the Constituency.
Briefings with:

Finance Committee Representative - Thato Mfikwe,

Policy Committee representatives - Farell Folly and Nick Shorey,

Executive Committee,

Focal Points.

15:15 - 16:45 - NCUC Constituency Day - Work done in events in the I* Ecosystem

NCUC members report on work being done in various spaces of the
Internet policy and governance ecosystem, showcasing advancements in
policy discussions and projects. Join and learn how to bring your
perspective to our sessions at Internet Freedom Festival, WSIS,
Rightscon, LACNIC, IGF and other spaces.

Open NCUC work meetings

Day 1 - Sat 10 March 2018

08:30 - 10:15 - NCUC work meeting - Executive Committee, Membership
affairs and E-team.

NCUC work meetings are open to all community members. With a
commitment to openness and transparency, NCUC meetings at ICANN
address the Constituency's governance.