[NCUC-DISCUSS] Questions and talking points for ICANN CEO

Ayden Férdeline icann at ferdeline.com
Tue Aug 28 16:47:38 CEST 2018

The EC’s decision was made off of a false premise - as you wrote here, for instance, you “[support the NCSG’s position](https://lists.ncuc.org/pipermail/ncuc-ec/2018-August/009873.html).” The NCSG does not have a position on the Intersessional.

> this is something that only the leadership go to, so they're probably better placed to make the decision about its utility than the members.

I do not disagree with that; but I have not seen the EC engaging in a conversation on the merits (or lack thereof) of the Intersessional. I see the NCUC EC simply supporting a non-existent position. I find it odd no one on the NCUC EC asked where this position was documented, or how it was reached. You are all subscribed to the NCSG list. Did you not find it unusual a position was made without first being discussed on the NCSG list?

> There are no communications that are not documented there.

That is good to know. I know until very recently the EC made most of its decisions off-list, on a private Skype channel.

Ayden