[NCUC-DISCUSS] Answers to Questions posed

Kris Seeburn seeburn.k at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 05:42:13 CEST 2017

The private companies also have there responsibility in supporting the civil society and some have done so and one of them has been Microsoft in the past years they have been trying to do sensitization and have worked closely with ISOC and been in support. What i am saying is if these commercial orgs. have support and will support even if google does work in the same direction as the NCUC as a civil society group and have objectives and a clear line to support. I would consider those options but as a team and also as a membership.

On the other hand Symantec for example have been trying to do same and they are working to align with GDPR and privacy policies. One of the early signs is that US government at least the DoD (US Dept of Defense) have started to move to Microsoft cloud solutions and the first thing they would be looking at is how protected the data are. I would say with all cautiousness that if they are doing so. hey have evaluated there risks so yes why not. They have a clear program with clear standards and agreements and they do fund such programs why not when they are able to help in sponsoring.

However, i still believe that there should be no compromise on what the NCUC is doing and continues to do. We may or may not like some of the commercial groups but if they have clear sponsoring programs why not. They are one such company and there are more out there. The advantage is also sensitizing more and more of the big names and the impact of them could lead to interesting paths. Why not !!!