[NCUC-DISCUSS] Nomination of Szeming Tan for AP in EC

Szeming eikologyy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 20:51:23 CEST 2017

Dear Grace and all,

Thanks for the nomination. After few days of consideration, I have decided
not to accept the nomination for the EC AP role. I don't think I'm
qualified enough for this election and for this role since I'm new to NCUC
even I'm actively involve in the IG/digital rights community in the region.

Knowing that Asia Pacific especially Southeast Asia is super under engaged
at the moment, thus, I'm happy to help with the outreach and capacity
building in the region together with the new EC

cheers,

On Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 1:00 AM, Grace Mutung'u (Bomu) <nmutungu at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear all,
> I would like to nominate Szeming for EC AP seat. Szeming and I were both
> NCUC fellows in the Copenhagen meeting earlier this year where we were your
> typical newcomers struggling with the acronyms. But with encouragement from
> many of you here, we dove into PDPs and now Szeming is quite active at RDS.
> This is beside her  awesome work in the internet freedom community.
> She would be of great service in the EC and hope she will accept the
> nomination.
> ​Grace​
>
> --
> Grace Mutung'u