[NCUC-DISCUSS] Deadline for WSIS proposals is tomorrow - here are some ideas for the NCUC to consider proposing

Dr. Tatiana Tropina t.tropina at mpicc.de
Wed Mar 1 01:56:51 CET 2017

Ayden,

sorry I missed this thread - as much as I would love to take part in
drafting, I have been working non stop (till 2 am now) and had a couple
ICANN calls in the evening. Sorry for missing this option. Thanks so
much to you and Renata for taking the initiative and working on this!

I would like to quickly echo Farzy's comment a bit, but develop further:

Proposal 1. While it is a highly sensitive topic, I think it is totally
worth the submission! Yes, there will be a need for experts on this
issue, but we can also learn from our RightsCon experience how the
discussion could be shaped, what would one need to make such a workshop
a success. If this would be considered carefully - not only we will be
able to contribute to the discussion and advance it, but also raise
awareness on this issue. The latter is no less important! I totally
support this submission.

Agree with Farz on proposal 2 (WHOIS) - probably the most likely to get
accepted and go well as you are actively involved in this.

With under-served regions the scheme could be the same as with RightsCon
- learn from other sessions at other events (GAC session at ICANN 58,
etc), see how it could be advanced if the proposal is accepted. I think
it does have potential to be accepted as it seems to fit strongly in
both WSIS overarching theme and action lines.

Again - very well done, many thanks!

Cheers

Tanya