[NCUC-DISCUSS] Announcement of EC Decision about the NCUC NomCom Delegee

Kris Seeburn seeburn.k at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 17:15:33 CEST 2017

Congrats to Anriette am sure and you would fulfill the challenge ahead of you. Thanks to the EC for letting us know of the final result. I think both candidates were are valuable as the other and it shows more women involved. We should continue on this track.

As for me i would like to congratulate both as they stepped up to the challenge of selection. Ines you deserved as much but i am sure you will get the second chance.

As was mentioned before we need to work to increase the NCSG-NCUC number of reps in the Nomcom. If we had two i would say both would have been assets.

Anyway, i wish Anriette to do us the honou and congrats and thanks to EC.

Kris

> On Jul 31, 2017, at 7:06 PM, farzaneh badii <farzaneh.badii at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear All,
>
> It is my pleasure to announce that the Executive Committee has decided to appoint Anriette Esterhuysen as the NCUC NomCom representative.
>
> In our discussions with the EC we came to the conclusion that considering Anriette's experience and network she is a better fit for the position. Both candidates fulfilled the ICANN Bylaws requirements for NomCom (Section 8.4) however Anriette especially fulfills the requirement for the NomCom delegees to be  "Persons with wide contacts, broad experience in the Internet community, and a commitment to the success of ICANN". Anriette has one of the strongest civil society networks in Internet governance, has had years of experience in negotiating with other stakeholder groups and advancing civil society interests which is critical for NomCom position.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Farzaneh

Kris Seeburn
seeburn.k at gmail.com