[NCUC-DISCUSS] Announcement of EC Decision about the NCUC NomCom Delegee

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 17:06:31 CEST 2017

Dear All,

It is my pleasure to announce that the Executive Committee has decided to
appoint Anriette Esterhuysen as the NCUC NomCom representative.

In our discussions with the EC we came to the conclusion that considering
Anriette's experience and network she is a better fit for the position.
Both candidates fulfilled the ICANN Bylaws requirements for NomCom (Section
8.4) however Anriette especially fulfills the requirement for the NomCom
delegees to be  "Persons with wide contacts, broad experience in the
Internet community, and a commitment to the success of ICANN". Anriette has
one of the strongest civil society networks in Internet governance, has had
years of experience in negotiating with other stakeholder groups and
advancing civil society interests which is critical for NomCom position.

Best regards,

Farzaneh