[NCUC-DISCUSS] A problem in registration form for ICANN60 Abu Dhabi

Ayden Férdeline icann at ferdeline.com
Mon Jul 17 11:11:01 CEST 2017

I'm happy to raise my hand and to say I think ICANN should be collecting this data. ICANN should actively monitor diversity, not react passively to reports of harassment or discrimination (provided they react), and this data helps identify such gaps and define areas for improvement. Of course, the safety and security of the information that is gathered is essential, and crucial to building the trust and confidence of those being monitored. Just because we are collecting one's gender (and might I add, I think we should be collecting more than just that -- I would like to see sexual orientation collected too) does not mean it must be disclosed to the local host. This information should be disclosed on a 'need to know' basis only, and I'd think there would be pretty few instances where anyone would need to know these characteristics along with, say, the respondent's name.
Best wishes,

Ayden Férdeline
[linkedin.com/in/ferdeline](http://www.linkedin.com/in/ferdeline)