[NCUC-DISCUSS] ICANN, TRAVEL, TRUMP

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 06:45:06 CET 2017

Inline

Sent from my LG G4
Kindly excuse brevity and typos

On Jan 31, 2017 1:11 AM, "Ayden FĂ©rdeline" <icann at ferdeline.com> wrote:

.

We should re-assess the viability of Puerto Rico hosting an ICANN meeting
in March 2018 in the months ahead, but for now, I think it is too soon for
anyone to make the call that the meeting must be relocated to another
location. I think it is legitimate for ICANN to perform a risk assessment
and to move meetings where there is a credible threat to the delegates. But
it *might* be a disproportionate response to move a meeting because not all
delegates will qualify for a visa to enter the host country. I realise how
upsetting this situation must be for those who are impacted and unable to
travel to a location. But moving meetings to a different country isn't
necessarily a solution. This is one reason why I support the geographic
rotation of meetings, to *try* to share the burden of visa obstacles.

SO: Well said, anyone who remember the history behind Puerto Rico will
understand why the current happenings cannot/should not warrant a change in
the venue.

Regards

Best wishes,

Ayden FĂ©rdeline