[NCUC-DISCUSS] ICANN, TRAVEL, TRUMP

Norbert Klein nhklein at gmx.net
Tue Jan 31 05:41:54 CET 2017

Hi Friends,

I disagree - living in a sometimes affected country.

On 31.1.2017 7:10 AM, Ayden FĂ©rdeline wrote:
> . But it /might/ be a disproportionate response to move a meeting
> because not all delegates will qualify for a visa to enter the host
> country. I realise how upsetting this situation must be for those who
> are impacted and unable to travel to a location. But moving meetings
> to a different country isn't necessarily a solution.
So if this is not a solution - what is one?

Or is excluding some members some time a solution? (For example for 90
days - I use this number, considering the exclusion of some people with
valid US visa to travel to the USA at present.)

> That being said, I sometimes worry we spend far too much time
> discussing travel, travel arrangements, and meeting locations, at the
> detriment of policy work. (And to be very clear, I am not directing
> this comment at you, Ed, but at the wider ICANN community.)
Yes and no - I agree that policy work is very important. Once there
would be an agreement how to select or exclude some travel related
issues (and not discuss it again and again without a clear perspective
and decision), there would be more time available for policy.

Norbert Klein
in Cambodia