[NCUC-DISCUSS] NCUC Chair Update

farzaneh badii farzaneh.badii at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 03:07:24 CET 2017

Dear NCUC members,

As the chair of NCUC, I plan to send you quarterly updates on NCUC the
decisions of the executive committee, and give you a summary of NCUC
activities.
This message is the first of the updates. Since the elections in December,
the EC has carried out the tasks below:

1. Appointments to NCSG Committees

2. Issuance of Travel Support Announcement for Copenhagen (we have a new
mentor-mentee program for the travel support this time, if successful we
continue)

3. Preparation for intersessional ( it’s a meeting among the leaders of
commercial stakeholder and noncommercial stakeholder at ICANN.) We also
selected Matt Shears as an additional delegate to the intersessional.

4. The Executive Committee  held one meeting in which we decided on various
matters (which I have mentioned most of them here) more specifically CROPP
which is the community regional outreach pilot program. I will send an
email about this very soon.

5. We need to send the special budget request by the end of January. Issued
an announcement to receive suggestions from you. Please insert your
suggestions here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aEZoUNsHBuzj3tyTmlDiGSeinNrKJUYcPrNTfJ-dLJ8/edit?usp=sharing

6. We are also discussing Policy Development Support for NCUC. You can read
the discussion here:
http://lists.ncuc.org/pipermail/ncuc-discuss/2016-December/020039.html  and
add your suggestions here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UeheZGySQ4ZtXZxxBnbIXwlHtoiHZ
hpmq6u0CxLIK0M/edit#

7. Thanks so much for the logo ideas, we are discussing with ICANN Comms
the best approach on how to incorporate your ideas.

8.Renata has  kindly created  an outreach online form for your outreach
ideas. Send us your outreach requests by filling  in this form we will get
back to you: http://bit.ly/ncucout

9. You can find  all of the EC correspondence at
http://lists.ncuc.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/ncuc-ec

Best regards,

Farzaneh
​CUC Chair ​