[NCUC-DISCUSS] Session on termination of domains for hate speech at ICANN 60

Mike mkaranicolas at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 00:11:22 CEST 2017

Hi,

I'd recommend including discussion of, broadly, human rights and the private sector, transparency reporting, what "due process" means in this context, the potential impact of state pressure and, as the overarching theme, what does any of this have to do with ICANN.

I guess there's no shortage of speakers/panelists at this point, but I'd be happy to speak as well, if we're not already full up. I wrote a book on this issue - how freedom of expression should be understood in a private sector context: http://responsible-tech.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Intermediaries-Print.pdf

Happy to help or discuss further.

Michael

Sent from my iPhone