[NCUC-DISCUSS] Remote Participation in the South School of Internet Governance

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Sat Mar 26 16:02:50 CET 2016

Hi

Thanks for sharing this elsewhere Renata, I guess we should tell NCUC folks too and share the basic info too?

The 8th annual South School of IG will meet on March 29 - April 1, 2016 at the Organization of American States in Washington DC.  http://www.gobernanzainternet.org.  The school is normally LAC-oriented but this year is is a bit more broad focused. Over 180 students will be participating live, and there will be remote participation as well.  The agenda covers many topics of interest here, including the IANA transition, FOI, cybersecurity, IGF, fragmentation and more. http://www.gobernanzainternet.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/SSIG_final.pdf

Look forward to seeing people there, and online.

Best,

Bill

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: Renata Aquino Ribeiro <raquino at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [bestbits] Remote Participation / Participación remota South School of Internet Governance
> Date: March 24, 2016 at 06:08:36 EDT
> To: Renata Aquino <raquino at gmail.com>
> Cc: Internet Governance <governance at lists.igcaucus.org>, "bestbits at lists.bestbits.net&gt &lt" <bestbits at lists.bestbits.net>
> Hi
>
> Please see below remote participation details for South School of Internet Governance next week in DC
>
> I am grateful to be there learning
>
> It would be great to meet other folks, just send a message if you'll be there.
>
> Em 23/03/2016 20:53, "Olga Cavalli" <olgacavalli at gmail.com <mailto:olgacavalli at gmail.com>> escreveu:
> >
> > Hello all!
> >
> > We will meet soon in Washington DC next week!
> >
> > Remember that all the activity program can be followed remotely with video streaming and audio channels in spanish and English.
> >
> > You can review the program in this link and you can join remotely through these three audio and video channels:
> >
> > Direct from the floor http://original.livestream.com/oaslive2 <http://original.livestream.com/oaslive2>
> >
> > English: http://original.livestream.com/oasenglish2 <http://original.livestream.com/oasenglish2>
> >
> > Spanish: http://original.livestream.com/oasspanish2 <http://original.livestream.com/oasspanish2>
> >
> > We want to thank colleagues from ISOC Barbados chapter, specially Jason Hynds, who have organized a remote hub to participate from there!!!
> >
> > Please share among your networks these links so all the Internet community can join us in the school!
> >
> > Best regards
> >
> > Olga

William J. Drake
International Fellow & Lecturer
  University of Zurich, Switzerland
  www.williamdrake.org
The Working Group on Internet Governance - 10th Anniversary Reflections
New book at http://amzn.to/22hWZxC