[NCUC-DISCUSS] Remote Participation in the South School of Internet Governance

Renata Aquino Ribeiro raquino at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 16:54:05 CET 2016

Hi Bill

Indeed, my faux pas on NCUC card is almost completely filled with that one.

In fairness, we keep reviving old ICANN55 communication channels and I
believed I may have mentioned a bit about SSIG 2016.

The agenda and bios of the speakers
http://www.gobernanzainternet.org

Important insider info below (source alumni groups):

This year the profile of attendees is extremely high. (I believe it always
is but this time it still surprised everyone) (I got rejected last year, so
I am probably the exception this year ;) )

Attendees are young (20-40 mostly) but half or more is on high level
government, tech companies or civil society organization in their
countries. OAS's own will participate changing role from
speakers/alumni/orientation. Some came earlier went to see universities in
Chicago or NY. Alumni from civil society are mostly hispanic and ITS/FGV
Rio has a few too. There were 2 groups - 1 w/ spanish speaking, another
Brazil and Caribbean, they merged as the spanish is much bigger.

Most of the folks from CS are LACRALO or ccNSO. Will be there Rogerio
Mariano (LACNOG), Louise Hurel (ITS/FGV), Kimberly Anastácio (Berkman
summer school and IGF closing ceremony speaker w/ Glaser), Renata Baltar
(law student from Fortaleza, Ceará, Youth at IGF program and finishing up her
BA and starting a master`s on internet governance and civil society),
Christelle Vaval (ccNSO/Haiti), Bartlett Morgan (LACRALO) and well, lots of
others.

N/NE had a Bahia representative from Youth at IGF but he was rejected visa. I
think there is 1 Colombian.

>From NCUC I'm guessing also T. Hackshaw (speaker) and maybe more but I`m
not sure.

Alyne Andrade from LACRALO was also selected but somebody had to represent
N/NE in Rightscon so there she went.

All the best

Renata