[NCUC-DISCUSS] Panama Papers - privacy, data and media manipulation - Re: Information Internet

Ayden Férdeline icann at ferdeline.com
Sun Apr 10 18:48:35 CEST 2016

Hi,
Re: debate on privacy (though I prefer the term 'secrecy')
The fundamental human right to privacy is not the same as the 'right' to keep your crimes secret. I
would also argue that 1) shell companies aren't humans (though they might be
persons in some territories), and 2) corruption thrives on secrecy. And because
even a broken clock is right twice day, I will quote Michael Moore... “Openness,
transparency — these are among the few weapons the citizenry has to protect
itself from the powerful and the corrupt”.
Ayden