[NCUC-DISCUSS] Fellows Announced for the BA Meeting

Rao Naveed Bin Rais naveedbinrais at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 11:09:53 CET 2015

Hi Bill and everyone,

Thanks for your wishes. Following on the discussion, if I could provide my
bit, I have following to propose:

1) As a recent member to join NCUC who is enthusiastic enough to contribute
as well, I feel myself a bit lagging behind the stuff NCUC does even after
around 1 years of following what is going on. As we have a number of new
comers joining NCUC/NCSG almost after every meeting, I propose to have some
kind of mentorship to associate 2-3 new members to each of the contributing
members (volunteers, of course) who can be there to help new bees getting
more knowledge about the stuff going on. This could be quite productive as
it may allow new comers to learn about many things quite quickly.

2) Another thing that could be done to involve new people is to have a call
for volunteers (for new members) to work on a specific task that NUCU/NCSG
is dealing at present. This task may be a less important one but it will
allow these members to get involved in the community process straightaway.
I am not sure how realistic this idea is, but just a proposal.

3) As you are planning a pre-meeting in BA, it would be nice to have an
orientation session in that pre-meeting or at any other point during ICANN
meeting that gives more information about NCUC/NCSG and the policies they
are dealing with currently. This not only will allow quick learning for new
members, it could further attract more members for the constituency.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Naveed -