[NCUC-DISCUSS] human rights @ ICANN

Marilia Maciel mariliamaciel at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 10:55:05 CET 2015

Thanks, Stefania! Great to have it online. Let's publicise.

On Sun, Feb 8, 2015 at 10:14 AM, William Drake <william.drake at uzh.ch> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Greetings from the NCSG PC meeting in Singapore.
>
> Just to remind everyone, this initiative builds out of the NCUC
> Constituency Day meeting in London where we had the GAC Chair (Thomas
> Schneider of Switzerland) and Lee Hibbard of the Council of Europe come
> over to discuss how to start building human rights criteria into ICANN work
> etc.
> https://community.icann.org/display/gnsocouncilmeetings/NCUC+London+Meeting+2014-06-24
> The transcript of that discussion is at
> http://london50.icann.org/en/schedule/tue-ncuc/transcript-ncuc-24jun14-en
>
> Since then people have been meeting to do conference calls and develop
> documents with cross-community partners with an eye to ramping up a broader
> and more inclusive effort within ICANN.  Rafik has sent info to the
> ncsg-discuss list noting that a mail list has been established to
> coordinate the effort.  Everyone who has an interest in this matter is
> welcome to join.  This initiative is pretty integral to NCUC/NCSG work
> https://mm.icann.org/mailman/listinfo/cc-humanrights
>
> There will be a meeting here in Singapore on Wednesday
>
> 10:30 to 12:00 SGT
> Human Rights and ICANN - Continuing the Conversation
> http://singapore52.icann.org/en/schedule/wed-human-rights
>
> Best
>
> Bill
>
> On Feb 8, 2015, at 3:25 PM, Milan, Stefania <Stefania.Milan at EUI.eu> wrote:
>
> Some NCUC members have been involved in an individual capacity in an
> effort to bring forward the debate on human rights at ICANN started at
> ICANN50 in London, and continued at ICANN51 in Los Angeles.
>
> A new section of the NCUC website has been created where relevant material
> will be posted:
> http://www.ncuc.org/member-activities/human-rights-and-corporate-social-responsibility/
> You find also the link to the latest report on ICANN corporate social
> responsibility by Article 19 (NCUC organizational member).
>
> Best, Stefania

> material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution,
> forwarding, or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this
> prohibited without the express permission of the sender. If you received
> this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the
> material from any computer.

*MarĂ­lia Maciel*
Pesquisadora Gestora - Centro de Tecnologia e Sociedade - FGV Direito Rio
Researcher and Coordinator - Center for Technology & Society - FGV Law
School
http://direitorio.fgv.br/cts

DiploFoundation associate - www.diplomacy.edu
PoliTICs Magazine Advisory Committee - http://www.politics.org.br/
Subscribe "Digital Rights: Latin America & the Caribbean" -
http://www.digitalrightslac.net/en