[NCUC-DISCUSS] human rights @ ICANN

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Sun Feb 8 10:14:49 CET 2015

Hi

Greetings from the NCSG PC meeting in Singapore.

Just to remind everyone, this initiative builds out of the NCUC Constituency Day meeting in London where we had the GAC Chair (Thomas Schneider of Switzerland) and Lee Hibbard of the Council of Europe come over to discuss how to start building human rights criteria into ICANN work etc.  https://community.icann.org/display/gnsocouncilmeetings/NCUC+London+Meeting+2014-06-24 <https://community.icann.org/display/gnsocouncilmeetings/NCUC+London+Meeting+2014-06-24>  The transcript of that discussion is at http://london50.icann.org/en/schedule/tue-ncuc/transcript-ncuc-24jun14-en <http://london50.icann.org/en/schedule/tue-ncuc/transcript-ncuc-24jun14-en>

Since then people have been meeting to do conference calls and develop documents with cross-community partners with an eye to ramping up a broader and more inclusive effort within ICANN.  Rafik has sent info to the ncsg-discuss list noting that a mail list has been established to coordinate the effort.  Everyone who has an interest in this matter is welcome to join.  This initiative is pretty integral to NCUC/NCSG work  https://mm.icann.org/mailman/listinfo/cc-humanrights <https://mm.icann.org/mailman/listinfo/cc-humanrights>

There will be a meeting here in Singapore on Wednesday

10:30 to 12:00 SGT
Human Rights and ICANN - Continuing the Conversation
http://singapore52.icann.org/en/schedule/wed-human-rights <http://singapore52.icann.org/en/schedule/wed-human-rights>

Best

Bill