[NCUC-DISCUSS] NCUC Delegate to the ICANN 2016 Nominating Committee

Tapani Tarvainen ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info
Thu Aug 6 14:31:40 CEST 2015

On Aug 06 14:31, Amr Elsadr (aelsadr at egyptig.org) wrote:

> I am very much in favour of a review of the NCUC bylaws

So am I.

> Changing the constituency bylaws involves more than just initiating
> a review (either via the EC or a petition by members), doing the
> work, and members voting to approve any suggested changes.

Yes. And even that would be a lot of work.

We made an effort to tackle it when I was in the EC, but, realizing
how much work it'd involve, prioritized other issues perceived more
urgent. But perhaps the time has come. Certainly nothing's stopping
people from running for the EC with "will fix the bylaws!" agenda.

> It requires significant coordination with the ICANN board Structural
> Improvements Committee (SIC)

Right. Even if the next EC makes it a high priority, it would be hard
to get it all done in one year.

--
Tapani Tarvainen