[NCUC-DISCUSS] Last Call: Bylaws

Edward Morris edward.morris at alumni.usc.edu
Tue Sep 24 00:51:13 CEST 2013

Hi everybody,

I'm happy to report that the preliminary work is done and we're about to
launch our efforts at reforming our bylaws. The timetable is a bit
different than we envisioned, thanks largely to ICANN requirements, but the
goal is the same: to give this community a comprehensive, cohesive and up
to date set of governing documents we can all be proud of.

We've had a good response - 16 volunteers - but we certainly welcome more.
I'm particularly interested in having those of you who have never
participated in an ICANN group in any form  join us. Maybe you think it
will take too much time, or you're not prepared. Believe me, I'm having
those experiences myself in some of the GNSO WG's I'm involved with. Please
don't be concerned with those issues. Any time you can give us above zero
will be most welcome and appreciated. The most important thing is to have a
bylaws revision committee truly representative of the entire NCUC community.

You can join us very simply by subscribing to the mailing list on our
dedicated web page:  http://www.ncuc.org/bylaws-revision-committee. I truly
hope you'll consider joining with us in this effort.

If you have any questions please feel free to e-mail either myself (
edward.morris at alumni.usc.edu) or Tapani ( ncuc at tapani.tarvainen.info).
Thanks for considering.

Kind Regards,

Ed Morris