[NCUC-DISCUSS] ICANN Singapore Fellowship Application round is Open

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Sat Sep 21 11:11:32 CEST 2013

Robin sent this to the NCSG-discuss list but I'm reiterating for emphasis.  This is a really good program for new attendees that gets you plugged into ICANN world fairly quickly, albeit with a strong dose of the party line.  I would strongly encourage NCUC members to consider applying!

Bill

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Janice Douma Lange <janice.lange at icann.org>
> Subject: ICANN Singapore Fellowship Application round is Open
> Date: September 20, 2013 8:21:49 PM GMT+02:00
>
> The Fellowship application round for ICANN 49 in Singapore has now opened and will remain open until 1 November 2013.  Please go tohttp://www.icann.org/ where the banner announcement will lead to the Fellowship webpage and link to the application.
>
> I appreciate the continued support of all the Community Leaders and supporters, Selection Committee members past and present, alumni of the program and Staff, in sharing information about the Fellowship program outward to their communities.
>
> I am also very proud of the individuals who have participated in Fellowship, in ICANN and in the Internet community over the past 6 plus years since the Program launched at ICANN 29 in Puerto Rico.  Recently, 3 alumni of the program were selected through the NomCom process and I would like to acknowledge them here as well; they are the latest of many individual achievements that have been facilitated through the Fellowship experience. Now, let’s keep working to include more candidates from regions and sectors that are still without the voice in the Multistakeholder model that is ICANN.
> Please meet: Beran Dondeh Gillen, Africa, Leon Sanchez, Latin America/Caribbean Islands, and Celia Lerman  Latin America/Caribbean Islands –
>
> Congratulations and looking forward to your contributions in the coming years.

William J. Drake
International Fellow & Lecturer
  University of Zurich, Switzerland
  ICANN, www.ncuc.org