[NCSG-Discuss] ICANN is bottom-up, except for when it is top-down. Fwd: Memorandum on the Trademark Clearinghouse ³Strawman Solution²

Evan Leibovitch evan at TELLY.ORG
Fri Mar 22 18:09:14 CET 2013

On 22 March 2013 12:52, Robin Gross <robin at ipjustice.org> wrote:

> In your theory of a model for IG where ICANN staff decisions replace
> bottom-up policy, how are the staff held accountable and to whom?

1) As I said before, the "bottom up policy" by design excludes massive
numbers of affected end users, so without fuller representation that model
is flawed.

2) We haven't touched on the distinction between policy and implementation,
which is significant here.

3) Staff is accountable to the CEO who is accountable directly to the Board

- Evan