[NCSG-Discuss] Closed Generics are Against the Rules

Robin Gross robin at IPJUSTICE.ORG
Wed Feb 27 19:00:27 CET 2013

Hello Kristina:

ICANN has posted an online form for the Statements of Interest (SOI)
(with instructions) here:
   https://community.icann.org/display/gnsosoi/New+SOIs

ICANN requires that these SOI's be filled out by anyone who
participates in a working group or on the GNSO Council.  And of
course it is good practice and strongly encouraged that anyone who
plays an advocacy role in the policy debate complete one of these forms.

Thanks!
Robin

https://community.icann.org/display/gnsosoi/New+SOIs

> On 26 February 2013 18:04, Kristina Macaulay <kristinamac at mac.com>
> wrote:
> Hi Robin,
>
> The SOI are for those only on the GNSO.
> Somehow I've not been issued one, nor is there instructions how to
> receive one.
> As you can not complete the form without a SOI, please advise.
>
> Warmly,
>
> Kristina Macaulay
>
> On 26 Feb 2013, at 03:05, Robin Gross <robin at ipjustice.org> wrote:
>
>> It is great to see robust debate on this list on a pending policy
>> matter.  And I'd like to encourage those members who have an
>> opinion in this debate to consider working on a public comment to
>> file to ICANN on the matter.
>>
>> A reminder however, that those NCSG members wishing to submit
>> pubic comments or otherwise advocate positions in the arena should
>> fill-out ICANN's standard "Statement of Interest" Form and
>> disclose any commercial interest one may have on the commented
>> issue.  These "SOI's" are also required to be filled-out by anyone
>> participating in an ICANN Working Group or other policy debate as
>> part of ICANN's commitment to transparency.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Robin

IP JUSTICE
Robin Gross, Executive Director
p: +1-415-553-6261    f: +1-415-462-6451
w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin at ipjustice.org