[NCSG-Discuss] Closed Generics - a letter together

Alex Gakuru gakuru at GMAIL.COM
Mon Feb 25 22:58:14 CET 2013

At various ICANN fora, adult entertainment industry folk opposed to .xxx
argued that they would be forced to register a .xxx domain name equivalent
to avoid the risk of losing internet users intending to visit their
websites but the consumer 'confusion' that *all* adult content is located
under .xxx instead landed at different websites. Let's face it, the average
internet user is nowhere close to the domain names knowledgeable ICANN
elite.

Simply put, "Consumer Trust, Competition and Choice" will be severely
dented.