[NCSG-Discuss] On Diversity and Discrimination

Dan Krimm dan at MUSICUNBOUND.COM
Fri Feb 1 21:10:51 CET 2013

I think the overall point is that expertise and experience are not the
same thing, and that while a baseline level of expertise is necessary,
experience adds much that expertise does not guarantee in itself.

Expertise is a narrow measure of value in a deliberative process.  As long
as there is a sort of "critical mass" of expertise in the group,
additional variety of experience adds more to collective deliberations
than additional duplication of expertise.

Dan

--
Any opinions expressed in this message are those of the author alone and
do not necessarily reflect any position of the author's employer.