NCSG Calendar and Open Comments Needing Volunteers Now

Avri Doria avri at ACM.ORG
Wed Oct 31 15:38:56 CET 2012

On 30 Oct 2012, at 21:27, Robin Gross wrote:

> ISSUE:
>
> Trademark Clearinghouse Documents
> Comment Closed:  15 October
> Reply Close:  7 November 2012
>
> Protection of International Olympic Committee (IOC) / Red Cross Names (RCRC) Drafting Team – Recommendations
> Comment Closed
> Reply Close: 9 November 2012

i submitted a comment on this. Might be an idea to have a NCSG reply comment submitted that included reference to my comments and some of the IOC/RCRC comments submitted. I will probably work up a reply of my own and am willing to help with this.

> Community Input Draft 2013-2016 Strategic Plan
> Comment Close:  13 November 2012
> Reply Close:  4 December 2012

I am willing to work on this one.  It is something I have avoided thinking about becasue I never believed it made much of a difference - it seemed a set of platitudes meant for laminating.  At this point, with new leadership that might take the volunteer position serious (jury is still out on this) it seems worth paying attention to.

> Application for New GNSO Constituency Candidacy-"Public Internet Access/Cybercafe Ecosystem"
> Comment Close: 17 November 2012
> Reply Close: 17 December 2012

Our EC has the main task here.  How is the WG doing on coming up with a recommendation?  I think more than comment our EC needs to make a decision that is communicated to the applicant and to the Board.  In this case I think individual NCSG member comments are more important.

avri