2 March deadline for NCSG proposed discussion topics for Costa Rica meetings (1) NCSG with Board (2) Public Forum

Alain Berranger alain.berranger at GMAIL.COM
Fri Mar 2 16:37:55 CET 2012

Avri,

*But do we know that the Board has heard them?  Especially on the topic of
going outside process to make policy from a top-down perspective.  This can
only be discussed with the Board, all the other conversation on it is
prelude. *
*
*
I would hope so. I assume the Board is a responsible group and does it
homework - if not we are all in trouble. It would be preposterous for NCSG
or anyone other SG for thta matter to want to hold their hand and chew all
the arguments for them... (upward micro management - never thought about
that one... interesting new management concept!!!).  Also, as all boards (I
have been and am on enough of them), they are perspectives, contexts and
even constraints we may not be aware of.

*On topics 1 and 2:*

I agree with you and Bill and defer to your experience and wisdom in
selecting an approach that works... I gather it means picking a sub-topic
of relevance and interest and work up to the overarching issues ( changing
mindsets?).

Alain

--
Alain Berranger, B.Eng, MBA