knitters needle

Adam Peake ajp at GLOCOM.AC.JP
Wed Jul 4 18:11:05 CEST 2012

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 12:21 AM, Evan Leibovitch <evan at telly.org> wrote:
> On 4 July 2012 09:15, Adam Peake <ajp at glocom.ac.jp> wrote:
>

>> Failure of outreach, or just a reflection of economics.
>

> There are more answers/excuses than those two. Many more.
>
> ICANN continues to amaze me, in that so many inside its bubble cannot
> comprehend the mere possibility that there may simply be no demand for

Yes, that's what I meant by "a reflection of economics".

But, as outreach was poor, you can't real prove the latter.   With a
bit more effort there might there have been 10 applicants from
sub-saharan Africa?  A couple from Philippines, Indonesia?  No idea,
and neither have you. Which is a good reason to try and find out (hard
after the fact.)

GAC also concerned about lack of diversity with tech providers, lack
of accredited registrars from developing countries.

Adam