.CAT WHOIS Proposed Changes - call for public comments - Think hard!!

TI_CIPPIC tisrael at CIPPIC.CA
Tue Jan 24 16:34:55 CET 2012

Hi there,

We are well beyond the halcyon days of the early net. It is now no
difficult thing for law enforcement and those wishing to enforce private
claims to get at identities behind domain names these days.  Surely, you
are aware these entities have many readily available tools at their
disposal to get such things.

I imagine that 'skewing' towards privacy would require something /more
/protective of privacy than the status quo under most state laws....I
don't think this is the case, nor will it be if registrars voluntarily
hold this info back. I'd say the balance has already been struck by
domestic legislatures/courts. Why upset that balance?