ISP liability and IP rights

Milton L Mueller mueller at SYR.EDU
Sun Jan 8 16:37:25 CET 2012

Tara:
Our project on deep packet inspection (http://deeppacket.info) is just completing a paper on the issue of ISP responsibility for copyright infringement. It will be published in Surveillance and Society, which is an open access journal, soon. This paper, entitled “Policing the network: Using DPI for copyright enforcement,” compares various US and Europe cases regarding copyright holders’ attempts to make network operators responsible for copyright monitoring and enforcement, via DPI and/or other forms of ‘graduated response.’

There is currently an older version of that paper up on the site http://dpi.ischool.syr.edu/Papers.html but we have just finished revising it in response to reviewers, and the new version is much better. So in about a month or so a new version will be up.

From: NCSG-Discuss [mailto:NCSG-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU] On Behalf Of Gmail
Sent: Saturday, January 07, 2012 11:08 AM
To: NCSG-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: [NCSG-Discuss] ISP liability and IP rights

I have been curating online resources On ISP liability for third party contents in EU countries and elsewhere. I'd appreciate any help on adding cases.

Here it is : pear.ly/-eAL<http://t.co/TT1qKerW>

I am collecting all cases of Search engine liability on defamation, copyright and Trade Mark.

Thanks,

Tara Taubman

IT/IP Lawyer
FlyAKite.org<http://FlyAKite.org>