[governance] ICANNLeaks - Loosing Trust to Maintain the Secrecy

McTim dogwallah at GMAIL.COM
Sat Apr 21 16:14:10 CEST 2012

On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 9:56 AM, Mark Leiser <markleiser at gmail.com> wrote:
> As a bit of a politics junkie myself, I have to say I disagree with the
> learned Professor Mueller's metaphor.
>
> It is arguable that the US Capitol building is not home to one of the
> world's "first democracies"; however, for arguments sake, lets say it is...
>
> The question should be framed as follows, "if the Capitol building collapses
> due to incompetent construction, and in the aftermath, the opportunity
> presents itself to re-think the nature of democracy, then should we? And if
> so, then what changes should we bring about?"
>
> The same should apply to ICANN and what is going on now.

except that the building hasn't collapsed, it's more like a tiny bit of masonry
has fallen off the building, and it is not clear yet that this bit of
brick has impacted
anyone negatively, so a re-exam of the foundation hardly seems needed.

YMMV of course.

--
Cheers,

McTim