Question 2: Noncommercial values and identity

Nuno Garcia ngarcia at NGARCIA.NET
Wed Oct 5 15:17:06 CEST 2011

Hi all:

There may be a very wide difference between the values and goals of
non-commercial users and the goals of commercial users.

To voice the concerns and preserve the independence of non-commercial
users is of utmost importance withing the GNSO, not only because of
the importance of the values that found this community (better
expressed in the Charter of Human Rights), but also to balance the
legitimate points of view of other interested groups within the GNSO.

Finally, and I would like to stress this, there is a wide variety of
interpretation of which are the rights and the values of the members
within the NCSG. We have seen this before in previous threads.

Whomever is elected should also pay close attention to the eminent
representative role he/she will take, i.e., the elected should be
comprehensive, inclusive and consensual about these values and rights.

Warm Regards,

Nuno Garcia