Question 2: Noncommercial values and identity

Debra Hughes HughesDeb at USA.REDCROSS.ORG
Wed Oct 5 16:52:15 CEST 2011

The NCSG occupies an important role with the GNSO.  Our members represent a broad range of activities that occur via the DNS.  We are nonprofit/NGOs; academic/research organizations and think tanks; groups dedicated social inclusion and advancing the availability of ICT; religious organizations; advocates for consumer protection, human rights; and individual users and registrants and of domain names.  Whether our members use the DNS at a cyber café to sell, advertise or distribute their scholarly works or journals; or to comment on public interest issues; or use the DNS to deliver academic services/information; or sell t-shits or collect donations to support their mission -- non commercial users engage in important and valuable activities in the DNS and their various view points and perspectives should be heard and respected.

Debbie
-----------------
Debra Y. Hughes, Senior Counsel
American Red Cross

-----Original Message-----
From: NCSG-Discuss [mailto:NCSG-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU] On Behalf Of Avri Doria
Sent: Friday, September 30, 2011 3:21 AM
To: NCSG-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: [NCSG-Discuss] Question 2: Noncommercial values and identity

As I have not been able to get a conference call scheduled yet, I am starting the question process.  I suggest that all candidates answer all questions.  I suggest that they feel free to debate among themselves and with the members of the NCSG.

Thanks

Avri

Question 2: What is your view on the meaning of non commercial presence and activities in the GNSO?