Question 2: Noncommercial values and identity

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at GMAIL.COM
Mon Oct 3 16:05:23 CEST 2011

Hello,

ICANN is still dominated by business-driven members, governments and
other lobbyists and the voice of non-commercial not enough listened. it is
critical to keep fighting there for NCSG and represent interests of broad
range of non-commercials (we are one of the most diverse group in ICANN
community). NCSG is in fact representing an important part of registrants
who use domain names for non-commercial purpose but their concerns still
neglected for the benefit of well-funded entities. NCSG has the duty to
advocate for positions defending HR, privacy, FoE, consumer rights,
development  etc in the current topics discussed in ICANN like  UDRP, new
gTLD program

Rafik