Open letter to ICANN Board for approval of new gTLD program

JFC Morfin jefsey at JEFSEY.COM
Fri Jun 17 01:01:40 CEST 2011

At 14:32 16/06/2011, Nicolas Adam wrote:
>Thx for your elaboration. I understand that you fear solidifying
>ICANN further. I don't believe ICANN will ever be able to put itself
>beyond the political reaches of a critical mass of users*, but i see
>your point. I'll agree to disagree with regards to "harms" as i
>believe enlarging the namespace does in principle more good than
>harm. And ... i am curious, i admit.

Nicolas,

thank you for giving me the opportunity of having this exchange on
the NCUC records. I have no personal point. I just want to make sure
that all the people who try to influence the specific Internet
namespace evolution have an equal access to the same understanding of
the probable impact of their influence on the DNS use architecture.
My target is that they are able to best proceed, whatever their
position, since they will be held accountable for the development and
deployment strategy they advocated and for its consequences.

Best
jfc