U.S. Government Seizes BitTorrent Search Engine Domain and More

Milton L Mueller mueller at SYR.EDU
Sun Nov 28 17:00:58 CET 2010

Precisely. I suspect that claim in the article that ICANN was involved was simply false.

> I'd really like if some of the numerous reports citing a Court order
> provide more information about it or a link, so far I'm still trying
> to find a concrete reference or the actual order.

But that's the disturbing thing about this case, Jorge. It appears that no court order was ever served on toerrent-finder.

> Both the .com (supposedly seized) and the .info (still working) are
> registered by the same person with address in Egypt.

If - as appears to be the case - this action depended on the cooperation of the registry, it may be that VeriSign was more "cooperative" than Afilias.