Petition to form a new ICANN constituency

Brenden Kuerbis bkuerbis at INTERNETGOVERNANCE.ORG
Wed Nov 3 20:12:16 CET 2010

Hi Amber,

Thanks for compiling the questions (see below).

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 9:48 AM, Amber Sterling <asterling at aamc.org> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am compiling a list of questions posed regarding the NPOC charter and
> will respond later today... the issue about whether or not the NPOC
> would include "various national Chamber of Commerce or the International
> Chamber of Commerce" is a non-starter.  The proposed NPOC would be a
> constituency within the NCSG and therefore must meet NCSG membership
> requirements.

I'm glad the applicants for the proposed constituency recognizes the
membership criteria for the NCSG.

However, if this is the case, then why would the proposed constituency even
need to bother with using the confusing "not-for-profit" label?   Wouldn't
it be more clear to identify, as others have suggested, as a proposed
"member or philanthropic service delivery" constituency?

Another question: If the "not-for-profit" membership requirement is
maintained, given its various meanings across juridictions, how do the
applicants propose to provide due diligence on membership applications?

Regards,

Brenden Kuerbis

Kind regards,