NCUC Policy Discussion Document

Danny Younger dannyyounger at YAHOO.COM
Tue Oct 17 14:24:44 CEST 2006

Dear all,

A formal NCUC Statement has been prepared covering the
following topics:

1)  gTLD renewal policy
2)  policy for gtld Consensus Policy limitations
3)  gTLD price control policy
4)  policy for ICANN fees pertaining to gTLDs
5)  policy on the use of gTLD registry data
6)  gTLD development/infrastructure investment policy

This statement is attached as a twenty (20) page Word
document.  The statement has already been forwarded to
the NCUC Policy Committee for review and now awaits
your constituency member comments, suggested
modifications, and/or partial or complete revisions.

Per the timetable established by Rapporteur Groups A &
B, our final work-product must be submitted by 24
October in order to be included in the Final Report
submitted to the GNSO PDP Task Force on Contractual
Conditions for Existing Registries.

As the views of our constituency will not necessarily
coincide with those expressed by other constituencies,
it is important that a cogent Minority Report makes
its way to the ICANN Board via the GNSO's Final
Report.

Each paragraph has been numbered for ease of
discussion, and all member comments will be referenced
in the final version of this document.

I look forward to your assistance in properly
presenting the NCUC view on these matters.

Thank you for your assistance,
Danny Younger
isoc-ny