[ncdnhc-discuss] No proxy system for NCDNHC.

Erick Iriarte Ahon faia at amauta.rcp.net.pe
Thu Oct 24 18:01:08 CEST 2002

At 11:43 a.m. 24/10/2002 -0400, Milton Mueller wrote:
>Erick:
>What is wrong with the current system?

Wrong?... maybe is not wrong, maybe we need to understand that not
everybody can travel "some kilometers" to be in "some meetings".

>Now, the face to face meetings must be ratified by online voting.

Yes this is the better way, but the proxy system, can be usefull, to
explain some "group ideas" in a meeting, sometimes we can think the
similar, and if someone can't be in the meeting coul give "his proxy" to
someone who thinking in similar way.

We have problem's with this system, and the biggest problem is create "some
blocks" of position... but the similar happend in online voting.

>There is no need for blindly giving a proxy to someone, who will
>vote on questions you may not even have anticipated.

Do you think a proxy system is a a "blind vote"??? i don't think so. But is
your opinion and i have a different opinion.

>Instead,
>now you vote for yourself.

I vote by myself, but i can trust in someone, because the "proxy" is not
only for vote, is a person who "tell me after" what happend in the meeting.

>The f2f meetings cannot do anything
>without you.

I don't understand what do you want to said with this phrase?