[ncdnhc-discuss] UDRP Revision??

t byfield tbyfield at panix.com
Wed Nov 6 16:10:37 CET 2002

Jeff.Neuman at neustar.us (Mon 11/04/02 at 12:22 PM -0500):

> What I was referring to in the "conspiracy" was your baseless allegation
> that because the TF is chaired by someone from the IPC, that he was
> intentionally not doing anything with the UDRP Task Force because it was in
> the IPC's best interest to not do anything with the UDRP.

fine, he's unintentionally not getting around to doing what milton
correctly said a good chair does: chairing. and since this is an
omission rather than a commission, and, further, since it involves
only one person, you're exactly right: it's not a conspiracy. but
milton wasn't the one who introduced that nonensical idea in order
to explain these events, now was he?

> Milton, over the years your objectivity has declined.  The better
> explanations could be as follows:
>
> (a)  The Terms of Reference are so broad that no one knows where to begin;
 <...>

it's the chair's jobs to (a) explicitly acknowledge these kinds of
problems at the outset, (b) declare the task to be unworkable, or
(c) work around them.

> (f)  There is not yet ICANN staff support to help;

enough said. this, in the alice-in-wonderland world of 'technical
coordination' a la ICANN, is the smoking gun par excellence.

cheers,