[ncdnhc-discuss] CPTech statement on GA rebid vote

James Love james.love at cptech.org
Fri May 24 14:06:12 CEST 2002

Adam,  Your comment regarding the nature of the debate was quite unfair.

I agreed to every proposal by Joanna and Thomas to extend the tme for the
debate. It was Thomas who insisted on the date of the vote.   I suggested we
have a richer set of motions to vote on.  I supported the inclusion of
Alexander's moderate motion.  I didn't spend my time attaching persons
character, as Thomas did to me, and continues to even today on the GA list,
where his subject line includes the word Liar, in a forward of my
random-bits post.    What did I do to prevent anyone, you, Thomas, or anyone
else, from having "an interesting and informed discussion before the vote
was taken?"

The proponents of Motion 1 did offer substantive arguments in its favor, and
tried to engage the other side in substance, and a number of changes were
made to accomodate issues raised by several GA members.  On the last day of
the scheduled debate over the language, Alexander announced that Thomas had
given him a private 3 day extention to gather support for brand new text
that he refussed to modify or consider changes.

Adam.  Why do you choose to attack me over the process?

Jamie