[ncdnhc-discuss] boundaries of IPR policy making

James Love james.love at cptech.org
Mon May 13 16:26:41 CEST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kent Crispin" <kent at songbird.com>
: Sorry, no.  There is in fact nobody on this list, bar none, who has had
: as much experience as Dave in the process of developing useful
: productive output through participation in mailing list participation.
:

   Kent, while I'm sure Dave has much to be proud of, mailing lists are used
for lots of things, and some of the people on this list have used mailing
lists for lots of things, and do lots of things involving "successful and
unsuccessful public discussion about organizational scope and procedure."
Certainly if you define relevant experience as things that Dave  has done,
such as his long standing contributions to  various ICANN lists, no one
could ignore his experience there, and people can decide for themselves how
productive and useful he has been.   However, I think it is foolish to
assume that this is the be-all and end-all of decision making, and certainly
there are a lot of persons on this list with experience running
organizations.  But look, if the ICANN staff wants to give Dave some
official capacity in managing the reform process, fine.

Jamie

James Love mailto:james.love at cptech.org
http://www.cptech.org +1.202.387.8030 mobile +1.202.361.3040