[ncdnhc-discuss] Internet is global=we need central planning

James Love james.love at cptech.org
Thu May 2 18:35:41 CEST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kent Crispin" <kent at songbird.com>
> >     On the issue of uniqueness of TLD Strings, I suggest there be a
global
> > committee which deals *only with this issue.*
>
> My claim is that committee would instantly inherit all ICANN's issues,
> just as ICANN inherited issues from the process that proceeded it.

     I do not find this claim at all persuasive, anymore than the notion
that the UDRP ADR panels have inherited all ICANN related issues.  They deal
with the issue they are asked to deal with.... and that is it.   They don't
tell a registry which registrars to use.

  Jamie
James Love mailto:james.love at cptech.org
http://www.cptech.org +1.202.387.8030 mobile +1.202.361.3040