[ncdnhc-discuss] Internet is global=we need central planning

Kent Crispin kent at songbird.com
Thu May 2 18:32:02 CEST 2002

On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 11:58:34AM -0400, James Love wrote:
> [...]

Your boiling blood is getting in your way.  There was substantially more
to my note than the "uniqueness issue".

>     On the issue of uniqueness of TLD Strings, I suggest there be a global
> committee which deals *only with this issue.*

My claim is that committee would instantly inherit all ICANN's issues,
just as ICANN inherited issues from the process that proceeded it.

That is, James, we've already run your experiment.  We have the result.
We know what will happen.  We have to move on from that result, and not
simply repeat the same experiment over and over again.

--
Kent Crispin                               "Be good, and you will be
Technical Support Manager, ICANN            lonesome."