[ncdnhc-discuss] Re: [ALSC-Forum] Last Call: Is there a third consensus ?

Jefsey Morfin jefsey at wanadoo.fr
Tue Mar 26 04:59:01 CET 2002

At 03:41 26/03/02, Joop Teernstra wrote:
>>Silence will mean that there is a consensus about the need for a
>>consensus on the solution which will be proposed.
>
>Silence means no such thing. What it may mean is uncertainty about how you
>define consensus and uncertainty about "solution which will be proposed".
>Speaking out also does not mean that you can classify me as "an opponent
>of the idea".

Consensus is when everyone agree on something. Let drop the ICANN errors
for a minute :-)

>All these resources are also needed for the icannatlarge.com effort of
>bringing together  a membership of individuals.

I think you should not confuse the @large and the ICANN. The ICANN may die,
the @large will remain. But the way you approach just to please and impress
the BoD is wrong. The @large do exist. They are local. They are well in
tune with they Gov. They are totally uninterested with the ICANN because
the ICANN is totally uninterested in them.

>There too, leadership will be needed to guide a process of coming to a
>consensus about ICANN policy issues.

The error, all the way up and down of the ICANN, is to talk about
leadership. We all are fed-up with leaders. We just want some work to be
achieved. People do not look for leadership nor democracy in their
telephone or in their domain name. They only want them to work. Without
uncertainty about their domain names, without UDRP, without WLS
etc...without instability...

>Some of the tools to manage that process have already been created. The
>Nomination process for an interim supervisory Panel has just started and
>elections will follow shortly. Correct me if I am wrong, but are you not
>calling for a duplication of effort?

No. You carry an effort to organize a part of the jig-saw. I want to make
sure there is frame which can accommodate it. I am no more fool than you
are and I consider that the chances to save the ICANN are only a little bit
higher than yours in creating an icannatlarge.com.

What is a duplication of the efforts, is that Joe Simis impose on us to
discuss and waste time on his inadequate concepts. Just look at the current
proposition of the Staff to the ccTLDs ....

Anyway I will annouce a few ten of thousand TLDs in the coming days.
Keeping the network moving.
Jefsey