[ncdnhc-discuss] Important: Board action on .org divestiture

YJ Park yjpark at myepark.com
Tue Mar 19 09:10:08 CET 2002

Alejandro and all,

> There are all kinds of possible conflict of interest in this field. Surely
> YJ Park has already finally disclosed her long story of conflict here;
> this constituency (and you, Milton, in particular) allowed her for months
> to be working for a group that is vying for a bid on .org. Whether there
> be profit or none involved, the fact of shaping policy on .org in the
> Names Council and building a well-subsidized effort to bid, appear
> clearly as a distortion of process. Now that she has made this full
> disclosure, and we can openly ask her about its implications, it falls on
> you, Milton, to tell the constituency where you stand.

Can you explain what kind of conflicts of interests I might have in this
process with more details?

What would be the difference between my situation from 2000 new
gTLD situation?

One of Registrar representative was leading .INFO bid when he was
on the NC in 2000 and he is still on the NC who might be also interested
in .ORG bid after you opened the door for commercial registries.

One of Registrar representative was leading .TEL bid when he was
on the NC in 2000.

One of Registrar representative was leading .BIZ bid when she was
on the NC in 2000.

And there are more cases here in the ICANN road who can have had
conflicts of interests. The matter is how those who can have conflicts
of interests can deal with it in a fair manner.

Those who you think have definite conflicts of interests were the one
who voted on new gTLD advice to the Board with no clarification,
which I don't think it really matters, either. If I remember correctly,
they indeed clarified their conflicts of intetests in 2000 Marina del
Rey NC meeting and did not vote.

I participated in NC voting in January 17th this year  when the ORG
TF report was approved unanimously by NC members, therefore, I
cannot see why you think such a report is non-controversial either.
I can't see what kind of conflicts of interest, either.

To be crystal clear, until then I was not sure whether I want to be
involved with this directly. I was still then with MINC as a full-time
Acting CEO. Funny thing is I am not still sure whether or not I will
be directly involved with this.:-)

Alejandro,

As one of Board of Director who were nominated by NCDNHC in
1999 by NCDNHC representatives to DNSO as a new comer into
this community and elected as a DNSO director with unconditional
supports based on trust from our constituency, I hope you can at least
feel more responsible and respect for DNSO together with ICANN,
which will be the indeed the holistic approach at the end.

Sincerely,
YJ