[ncdnhc-discuss] 2002 1st Adcom Meeting Report!

Kent Crispin kent at songbird.com
Tue Mar 12 04:38:17 CET 2002

On Mon, Mar 11, 2002 at 10:08:21PM -0500, KathrynKL at aol.com wrote:

>    sorry  to comment belatedly, but the comment below is inaccurate.  The
>    NCDNHC  is  not  for  all  non-profits.   Many  non-profits (and other
>    noncommercial  organizations  in countries which do not have nonprofit
>    structures)  serve  as trade organizations for commercial members.  In
>    our  bylaws,  if  your members are in another constituency, then as an
>    organization,  you  do  not  belong  here.   Thus,  an  association of
>    businesses,  or  registrars,  would  not qualify for membership in the
>    NCC.

However, the Potter Yachters does in fact meet all qualifications.
Selection of voting representative to the NCC is the concern of the
Potter Yachters, not the NCC.  Who that representative works for, or
what their views are, or what other roles they may fill, is completely
irrelevant.  As has been pointed out, the right to vote is not denied to
people who work for the government; presidential candidates are allowed
to vote for themselves etc etc.  The petty gerrymandering by the adcom
and others is absolutely disgusting -- no wonder that the NCC has
essentially zero credibility.

Kent Crispin

--
Kent Crispin                               "Be good, and you will be
kent at songbird.com                           lonesome." -- Mark Twain