[ncdnhc-discuss] Comments on draft 7.

Raul Echeberria raul at inia.org.uy
Sat Mar 2 13:29:26 CET 2002

All the document is based in the evaluation of the ALSC recommendations and
not discuss them. The key mistake for me is to consider  the ALSO as other
SO. The At Large Membership (some persons prefer name it as ALSO) should
not be a Supporting Organization. The current three SO have their specific
scope and the ALM is the opposite , is a body of persons with generic
interest in ICANN related matters.

My view is that the ALM should not assume direct policy-making roles.

If we consider the ALM just as another SO, then, most of the comments made
in the section 4. "Impact analysis - Evaluation against established
criteria" could be valid, but due to the fact that I disagree with this
basic concept, then most of the comments addressed in section 4 are wrong
from my point of view.
I understand that you have focused the document in the evaluation of the
ALSC instead of discuss them.
I think that this format is very strict and don't allow to see clearly the
different points of view.

Conclusions:

I don't  support the conclusions included in this document with exception
of point  5.1 . Is also important to remark that as I have said before, I
don't subscribe what has been included in the report as the "Key
recommendation" what imply to absolutely change the concept of the ALM
transforming it in a single constituency inside DNSO with the only
difference  that this constituency could elect directly some board Directors.

Finally, I'd like to state that the level of participation in the TF until
now has been absolutely insufficient to produce an official report.

Best Regards,

Raul